Join us for a Tropical North Queensland action-packed 3 week event, showcasing indigenous arts and culture, history, science, agriculture, marine and environmental expo, workshops, demonstrations, music, song, dance and fabulous food!
From Cooktown to the Cape, experience our culture, history, magnificent environment and share our stories.
Reconciliation Rocks Music Festival
Showcasing the regions Indigenous art and culture from Cooktown to the Cape. The Reconciliation Rocks music concert will feature national and local artists sharing our stories of our shared history.
- Music concert featuring some of the region’s best known indigenous and non-indigenous artists.
- Indigenous showcase featuring art, culture, fashion, language workshops, exhibitions and storytelling and tours.
- Back in time showcase featuring: bush tucker tasting, weaving, regional indigenous art exhibitions and sale, fashion show and Gurrma (traditional underground oven restaurant).
- Opening of Reconciliation Rocks and the Waymburr Cultural Centre.
- Key events hosted in partnership with our indigenous communities.
- Display of regional indigenous business, innovations and economic opportunities.
Showcasing the region’s agricultural assets such as our unique environment, fresh regional produce, art and craft markets, cooking, science, botany, history, language, reenactment, music, dance, concerts, workshops and exhibitions. All this together with the arrival of the HM Bark Endeavour.
- Arrival of HM Bark Endeavour replica and Encounters Shore to Ship Exhibition.
- Cooktown to the Cape Agriculture and Environment Expo.
- The Arts Market Regional Art Expo.
- History tours, talks, workshops, re-enactment, street parade and stories from the Gold Rush.
- Botanical Gardens tours, botanical art exhibitions, Banks Florelegium and Vera Scarf Botanical Art Exhibition, garden party, botanical art workshops.
- Regional Produce Showcase, paddock to plate cooking demonstrations, lunch and dinners.
- Wild and Windy Kidz Zone – fun fair and side show alley.
- Poets Breakfast and Petcha Kutcha.
- Opening of the new Botanic Gardens and the Gammay Walking Track.
Showcasing the region’s marine environment; The Great Barrier Reef exhibitions and discussions, navigation, cartography and astronomy workshops, naval display, fishing competitions, fish markets, boating and fishing expo and farewell to the HM Bark Endeavour and smoking ceremony.
- Cooktown to the Cape Boat, Fishing and Marine Environment Expo.
- Naval display, navigation, cartography, astrology workshops.
- Endeavour Riverboat music and botanical discovery cruise.
- Fishing competitions.
- Fish markets.
- Marine showcase, rivers and sea to plate cooking demonstrations, lunch and dinners.
- Smoking ceremony and farewell HM Bark Endeavour.